Superconductivity in Low-Dimensional and Interacting Systems
03 Jun - 06 Jun 2019
Physikzentrum Bad Honnef
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Belzig, U Konstanz • Prof. Dr. Elke Scheer, U Konstanz • Prof. Dr. Christoph Strunk, U Regensburg
The field of mesoscopic superconductivity has seen several important developments in the recent years. The Seminar aims at gathering leading experts and young researchers on highly topical activities in the field of mesoscopic superconductors, including among others
• Spin-polarized superconductors
• One-dimensional and two-dimensional superconductors
• Systems with spin-orbit interaction
• Superconductor semiconductor hybrids
• Granular superconductors
• Artificial topological systems
• Thermal transport in superconducting systems
• Thermoelectric effects
• Superconductor-insulator transitions
The organizers encourage in particular young researchers to present their results in short talks and posters and to take advantage of the ample of time to get deeper into the field and to discuss their findings among each other and with the more senior speakers and participants.
The conference language will be English.
The Wilhelm and Else Heraeus-Foundation bears the cost of full-board accommodation for all participants.